- Insanity - Summary
- Overall rating : 4 / 5
- Who is the Insanity Fitness Program for?
- How Insanity Fitness Programs solve the issue of cardio training
- Introduction to the Insanity Fitness Program
- Advantages of Insanity Fitness Program
- Disadvantages of Insanity Fitness Program
- Final Thoughts
- Insanity Fitness Program
Insanity - Summary
Overall rating : 4 / 5
Insanity Fitness Program is offered by the makers of P90X and is designed to test your cardio training limits. The program works within 60 days to enhance muscle definition and increase body muscles. It involves 10 vigorous and 'insane' workouts that you can engage in without the use of any equipment. Every series comprises of different cardio moves and trainings with high endurance for your cardio. The training schedule is a 60- day's workout program with increasing intensity programed to an exercise-to-rest ratio of 12:1 (3 minutes workout, 30 seconds rest).
Who is the Insanity Fitness Program for?
The Insanity Fitness Program involves really tough exercises, which means that not every person can withstand the pressure that comes with it. As such, it is recommended for people who are healthy and do not have a history of heart problems. If you have any heart problems or medical condition that you suspect may cause other health issues, it is vital to get in touch with your doctor before you start working out.
If you are a beginner to fitness, you might want to reconsider your decision to engage in this program. It is best suited for people who have some experience with cardiovascular exercises. This is because the Insanity Fitness Program is vigorous and intense with the warm-up involving continuous workouts without a break hence the need for people with fitness training experience.
The program also involves rigorous jumping and explosive movements, which means that it requires people who do not have shoulder, knee, or other joint issues. The exercises are also not suitable for people with disc issues.
Insanity Fitness Program, therefore, is best suited for individuals who have a sports background, those with a background in obstacle course races, or fitness people who have good conditioning and endurance. If you work out regularly using weights and endurance exercises, you would also be suitable for this program.
How Insanity Fitness Programs solve the issue of cardio training
Insanity workouts are designed to get you to the best shape without having to leave your home. Once you follow the program from the start to the end and follow the nutritional advice, you will have your dream body in no time and enhance your fitness levels to match that of professional athletes.
All this will be achieved within 60 days of following the insanity fitness program. The schedule is better than the gym since there is no equipment required and you do not need to spend a lot of time training and tolerating people in the gym. The exercises combine endurance, fitness, and looks to achieve the desired results within the shortest time possible. The program is designed to ensure that you can compete with yourself without having to deal with ridicule from other people as is the case of the gym. This means that you will work each day to push your limits and be better than you were the previous day.
The insanity program is not for everyone since it is designed for people with a healthy heart and without previous history of cardio diseases. For this program to solve your cardio training concerns, you must first be able to do basic exercises such as pushups, crunches, and running.
Introduction to the Insanity Fitness Program
As the name Insanity suggests, the program is not for the faint-hearted; they might even consider it insane. The program is a 60-day cardio training schedule that features 10 workout DVDs with the aim of offering vigorous anaerobic and aerobic interval trainings. The workouts are organized in a basic easy to follow format: 3 minutes of high-intensity training with 30 seconds of rest that is not adequate for the body to acquire a full recovery. The idea behind the short resting time is to make the workouts challenging even though they are simple in order to build endurance.
The Insanity Fitness Schedule also comes with a basic nutrition program and a calendar to help you map out the 60-day program that features three weeks of vigorous training and a week of recovery workouts. The schedule also offers trainers a one day off that does not involve any form of fitness training.
The Insanity Fitness Program
In the first month, trainers are required to engage in 6 cardio workouts every week. Each of the cardio exercises have a different focus and might target power and resistance, plyometric, circuits, or pure cardio and they are combined with core workouts. It is vital to note that although there are 6 cardio workouts in the insanity fitness schedule each week, they all follow a similar format. The format involves 3 – 5 high-intensity exercises for 3 minutes followed by a 30-second break, and this is repeated three times with each round including an increase in intensity.
The Insanity Fitness Program exercises are led by Shaun T who is a qualified lean and motivating instructor. Shaun also integrates gym exercises for muscle building. He offers T25 workout and Insanity Max: 30 for pro fitness trainers with alternating breaks to allow the body to recover.
The Insanity Fitness Program Exercises
The Insanity Fitness Program is simply a schedule of high impact workouts that will leave your body gasping for air. They are designed for people who are used to regular workouts and fitness programs. To take part in the program, it is also important to consult your doctor to ensure you have no health conditions. The schedule involves simple and straight-forward workouts that are athletic and do not require the purchase of any complex training equipment. The workouts are not new and might include jumping jacks and burpees. The schedule also incorporates unique but highly effective moves such as frog jumps, side burpees, combining pushups and jumping jacks, and many other common exercises. If you are new to insanity workouts, you might find the program too vigorous and intensive because it utilizes killer exercises that are efficient yet do not use any equipment.
Advantages of Insanity Fitness Program
- It is a well-structured fitness program for athletes. The program offers a solid laid out calendar with well thought out workout schedules that make it easy to follow.
- You will find it easy to follow. The program features easy to follow workout moves that are convenient for pros and amateurs. They do not have complicated choreography or equipment that should bother you.
- You can be sure the program is highly effective. Whether you want to burn extra calories or lose weight, this program is very effective. It involves high-intensity interval training that will help you push your fitness limits to the next level. This helps you achieve your fitness goals within a short time.
- It is suitable for experienced fitness trainers willing to take their cardio training to the next level. The insanity workout series is suitable for pro fitness exercisers and offers a variety of intense and vigorous training to help them advance their cardio training.
Disadvantages of Insanity Fitness Program
- There is a risk of injury. Although the insanity fitness program does not involve the use of equipment, trainers might still sustain serious injuries. As such, you must always be careful during your workouts to minimize the risk of injury.
- Users may develop a feeling that the workouts are repetitive. The insanity fitness program involves repeating many exercises that have a similar format. Doing these exercises every day can feel monotonous and tedious.
- It does not offer strength training. The fitness program is cardio-based and does not involve strength training even though a full training program should involve strength training too. As such, you will have to adopt a different strength-training program that suits this high-intensity cardio training.
Insanity Fitness Program
Check out this workout program today!