Gorilla Bow ReviewIf you're looking for a complete fitness workout at home, the Gorilla Bow may be the answer. This piece of equipment can give you the fitness results that you're looking for. Offering industrial grade bands and a strong support bar, it lets you target all of those muscle groups that are difficult to conquer outside of the gym.
The Gorilla Bow is the next level up in resistance band equipment. While many resistance band workouts are hindered by how they need to be fastened to a door, the Gorilla Bow removes the "door" factor, allowing you to take your workout wherever your please. This piece of equipment is a solid choice for anyone who is looking for a full body workout without a gym membership.
The Gorilla Bow is made by Gorilla Fitness. Gorilla Fitness has taken the time to research and develop a very useful resistance band device. It gives us what we're looking for; a lightweight yet rugged platform that can be modified for every individual's strengths and weaknesses.
With resistance bands of varying of tensile strengths, the Gorilla Bow can be used by beginners and fitness enthusiasts. Even seniors can get a safe workout with this device.
I want to show you the ways that the Gorilla Bow can be used and, ultimately, if it's a good fit for your home gym. Let's take a closer look at this machine and you can decide if it's right for you.
FeaturesThe Bow was aptly named as it looks like a very long archer's recurve bow. The bow itself is a single piece of heavy duty aluminum. Each end of the bow has a a claw with two notches. You attach the special bands through the notches to create the string of the bow. Each notch can hold up to three bands, so you can easily vary your workout by simply changing out the bands.
One of the advantages of resistance band training over free weight training is the constant tension that's present through your entire range of an exercise. This requires more strength and endurance as you need to recruit more muscle fibers. This means you're getting more bang for your buck with each repetition on both, the concentric and eccentric contractions.
This is a strong piece of equipment. It's made from aircraft grade aluminum. It's able to handle over three hundred pounds of tension and most users believe it will handle much more. You can get a solid workout without worrying about putting too much pressure on the gear.
There are four resistance bands. Each one is a different strength and color. Varying your resistance allows you to change up from straight overload workouts to high frequency workouts. The band strengths vary as follows:
- Yellow: 10 Pounds
- Red: 20 Pounds
- Blue: 32 Pounds
- Black: 45 Pounds
BenefitsA well-built machine should should have qualities that are obvious. Let's take a look at the reasons why purchasing this piece of equipment is a good decision.
- Targets All of your Muscles You're going to get a full-body workout with this device. One of the advantages of resistance band training over free weight training is that the tension is present through your entire range of motion, both on the eccentric and concentric phases of the lift. This requires more muscle strength and endurance which means you're getting more bang for your buck with each rep and set.
- Can Be Used for Cardio Workouts While we think of resistance band training as a simple alternative to weight lifting, the light weight bands offer you the opportunity to switch up your routine and incorporate some aerobic work as well. A high frequency of repetitions is great for getting the heart rate pumping into the higher heart rate zones.
- Support Gorilla Fitness has superior customer support. They answer questions and listen to their customers. There are additional resources available that will help you to get the most out of your purchase.
DrawbacksWhile this is one of the best tension-based exercise apparatus on the market, there are a couple of drawbacks that should be noted.
- The bow is three and a half feet long and doesn't collapse. While it's light weight would lead you to believe you can drop the bow in your suitcase and sneak it onto an airplane, the length doesn't allow for this. Gorilla Fitness does offer a travel version, but the travel bar isn't sold separately, which means that you'll have to purchase another entire package of bands and bags just to get the bar.
- Gorilla Fitness like to sell more bands at heavier weights. The optional heavier bands are almost a necessity for a person of average strength. You definitely need to consider this extra expense.
- None of the bands are marked with their tensile strength. That means you'll have to either memorize all of the color combinations or print out their chart from the picture on Amazon.
SummaryWith its strong aluminum frame and high quality resistance bands, the Gorilla Bow is a strong player in the home gym market. If you've ever had a cheap resistance band snap in your face, you know that it's well worth your while to pay for a quality product. This device does not disappoint.
People are replacing their weight station machines with this lightweight bundle of power. Additional bundles of bands ensure that you won't be left out in the cold if you should need more resistance.
Gorilla Fitness is on hand to support you, listen to your feedback and answer any questions you may have. They are one of the companies that actually offer phone support.
If you're ready to buy a quality exercise device from a reliable manufacturer, buy a Gorilla Bow.